- This event has passed.
Prayer Emphasis Day
June 9, 2020 @ 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
The Ascend Church Prayer Team is eager to pray for you! If you have prayer requests that arise during the week, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you through the ministry of prayer. This week is an opportunity to unite as a body to lift up prayers to the Lord. Pick a time that works for your schedule and be prayerful during that window of time. We suggest 6:00-8:00am, 12:30-1:30pm, or 6:00-8:00pm. We focus on praying over the following this week:
Racism … Violence: While complicated, these are still sins of the heart that affect all of us (James 4:1-2). It is only as people (us too) get right with God, that we can get right with others. Christ is the only answer to reconciliation and peace (Eph. 2:14-16).
- Pray for compassionate, clear gospel witness that answers the darkness, in spite of societal unrest, leading to repentance and faith in Christ (Acts 26:18).
- Pray for understanding, calm, honesty and willingness for all people, including ourselves, to examine our hearts to turn from all forms of sinful prejudice (Gal. 5:20).
- Pray for a fresh realization, born of God’s Spirit and based on God’s truth, that we are all God’s image bearers, created equal and deserving of mutual dignity and respect (Genesis 1:26-27).
- Pray for a collective pursuit of righteousness and justice based on God’s clear design for government to protect the innocent and punish evil doers (Rom. 13:1-5).
- Pray for God to hold back the evil one and destructive forces that seek to use violence to counter God’s common grace and goodness upon our society (Eph. 6:10-19).